Patients from abroad
Financial support for medical expenses for patients from abroad
Before preparing a quote to receive treatment at the François Baclesse Centre, a complete medical file is requested for our radiotherapy team to validate the choice of treatment.
If treatment is recommended in our institution, a quote will be sent.
If you accept this quote, you will be asked to pay it in full before the start of treatment.
You should allow for additional costs to the cost of treatment: transport, accommodation, meals, etc.
To obtain this quote, in order to benefit from proton therapy treatment, contact the Patients’ Administrative Management Department (Gestion Administrative des Patients) from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm by email at the following address: GEST-PAT@baclesse.fr.
You will be asked for:
– Administrative information:
• Your name and contact details (first name, surname, sex, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, telephone, email, postal address)
• The contact details (telephone, email, postal address) of the addressee: referring doctor, institution, etc.
• The type of request: what is the reason for making this request to the medical team?
– The patient’s medical file includes :
• The name of the pathology and its location
• A letter from the general practitioner describing the history of the pathology and the clinical situation of the patient;
• The imaging report by email and images in DICOM format by mail or via https://wetransfer.com/
• The reports(s) of any operations performed;
• The reports(s) of any chemotherapy treatment,
• The reports(s) of any treatment by radiotherapy.
Short stay visa for medical reasons
Which people are concerned?
A visa is not necessary for the citizens of the countries of the European Union or the nationals of certain countries (United States, United Arab Emirates) provided that the visit(s) do not exceed 90 days in a period of 180 days.
The following nationalities, for example, are subject to a short-stay visa: Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Cameroon, China, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Gabon, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Niger, Russia, Senegal and Tunisia.
Where should one apply?
The request must be made to the French consulate in the applicant’s country of residence.
How long does the procedure take?
The response to a visa application is usually made within 2 to 10 days. In the event of a confirmed medical emergency, the French consulate may be able to accelerate the procedure.
What is the procedure for anyone accompanying patients?
In addition to the supporting documents required for a Schengen short-stay visa, special proof may be requested, including a proof of the family relationship with the patient, or, if there is none, a letter from the applicant or the patient justifying it.